|Costume Jewellery Care Tips..........
Keep your jewellery looking great at all times
Costume jewellery are great to wear. Generally it is handmade with with crystals and pearls set by hand. It’s quite important to treat it with the same care you would give to any precious piece of jewellery. Keep your costume jewellery looking as incredible as when you bought them from us.
By using our tips below on how to care for your fashion jewellery.
- Protect all jewellery from scratches, sharp blows, chemicals, extreme temperatures, and sunlight.
- After each wearing, gently wipe each piece of jewellery clean of make up and skin oils with a 100% cotton cloth.
- Store jewellery separately so it doesn't scratch other jewellery.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks such as gardening, cleaning, household repairs or other strenuous activities.
- Apply make-up and hair spray before putting on your jewellery. Make-up and hair spray contain chemicals that may affect your jewellery.
- Do not store jewellery next to heating vents, window sills, or in the car.
- Store jewellery away from sunlight. The sun may fade some gemstones.
- Do not wear jewellery while in a pool, hot tub or bathing. The chlorine in the water can damage various gemstones and metals including gold.
- Always store bead necklaces strung on silk flat because silk stretches over time.
- Frequent cleaning is recommended to maintain its true beauty.
- Salt water, chlorine in swimming pools, soap, perfumes, personal products and perspiration take their toll on all fine jewellery.
- Wipe your jewellery carefully with a soft cloth to keep it clean and enjoy!
Do not use silver jewellery cleaner as it has a mild acid and will ruin
your costume jewellery and strip the finish off in seconds!
Finally good caring is necessary to maintain good condition of your costume fashion jewellery for many enjoyable years.